22.9.14

"In Full Effect" - Radio Rahim



"I came with these lyrics and left with your respect." That line will probably stick with me longer than this song will, because it was so catastrophically apt. I do respect Radio Rahim, but it's not really about the lyrics he came with.

The video itself is on point, a solid workout in term of editing and after-effects massaging three shoots with mostly natural lighting. Radio Rahim is an energetic subject who eats up space like KRS-One doing William Shatner, which is not intended as a diss: this cat clearly kills it live.

This video is basically filler, but it definitely deserves props for highlighting graf artists instead of some local bar / brand bullshit. I think I am finally too old to hate on hip hop throwback Quaker puritanism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOBODY CARES