2.5.17

THE INBOXXX: "Ain't Shit Funny" - Avenue



Humpasaur "Hump" Jones: It's 2017, and we're bringing back everything, even THE INBOXXX. I used the power of emotional blackmail to get my former rap manager and DJ to join me one more time. Hopefully a lot more times.

DJ Multiple Sex Partners: I couldn't decide if I was humoring you or enabling you, so, yeah. I figured, let's do it.

HJ: Beautiful. Tonight we've got a video from Avenue, who I have never heard of. Whom?

DJ MSP: So not the Avenue who shot himself, right? His brother? Cousin?

HJ: No relation to Troy, according to my sources, bud. He's from Boston and he's done a track with Royce.

DJ MSP: Pretty strange video so far. You don't see people use drugs on camera like this very often.

HJ: Dude can rap, tho. Flow is impeccable. Big L cover band, for sure, but that's not a bad thing. He's a hell of a lot more interesting than Termanology, at least. This beat is tasty as all fuck.

DJ MSP: Yeah, I might actually play this again. We're totally fucking this up. Where is the hate? It says the beat is by someone named Cooking To Kill. That's dope.

HJ: It really seems like I should have fucking heard about this Avenue cat by now, given the proximity. The Boston area is some kind of event horizon deal - tons of talent, no promo. I blame Leedz.

DJ MSP: Yeah, that makes sense. Man, you stay trying to fuck your own career up, huh?

HJ: No comment for the haters. A black and white video of rappers rapping will never get old for me, as long as motherfuckers can actually rap. I give this two thumbs up.

DJ MSP: Pretty sure that shit is copyrighted but sure, that's my vote, too. He should talk about doo-doo pistols more, though. That's my core critique.

HJ: Fuck, that's eloquent. Well said, bud. We'll give this four out of five Lil' Dickys. I don't think anyone has trademarked that.

1 comment:

NOBODY CARES