6.5.13

THE INBOXXX: The Paradigm - "Bad News"

Hump Jones: Greetings, Earth Humans, welcome back to THE INBOXXX. We're gonna share the whole pitch on this one...and remember, your email is always a pitch, cuz it's all a performance, daugs & daugettes:

The Paradigm: This is a song I Wrote and recorded 4 days ago, its political and some what rebellious I think the message is strong and think it should be shared and put out for others to here so they can wake up
cheers from the paradigm.




DJ Squid: Like the beat, it's got some bounce, covers all the bases. And oddly enough it doesn't get boring, even though the melody doesn't go anywhere.

Hump Jones: Yeah, the hook is solid, too. I can't fully understand but it's dope and catchy. This attempt at fast rap, though...not so much, not so much.

DJ Squid: Can we talk naming conventions, though? I do have to mention, if I had come here blind I wouldn't be entirely sure if Bad News was the artist or the song title. It's one thing when your name is, like, JOE THA RAPPER...

Hump Jones: I can't even remember what that first verse was about now. Is this actually a political song, daug?

DJ Squid: God damn, artists should seriously never write their own copy. Is this what I sound like when I write to blogs?

Hump Jones: You do that?

DJ Squid: Good point. I don't. He should have practiced more, done more takes on the fast rap.

Hump Jones: Yeah, maybe it could have connected, but I don't think it was written right, I don't know if more takes could have saved it. The rhythm just wasn't there, you gotta practice your rudiments to solo on a snare.

DJ Squid: Yeah, true, he has to rush to catch up a few times. This third verse, though...

Hump Jones: Best yet. I always approve of rapping about sodium fluoride, too. Bonus points for a dope outro.

DJ Squid: In the end, I enjoyed this? It wasn't hugely memorable or anything but I would check for Paradigm again. The only really bad part of that submission was the copy. I wouldn't like, actively check for him again, but there is potential there. I'd give it 7.5/10 Pangboche Hands.

Hump Jones: Wicked Meh. I'm giving it a flat seven out of ten Ocular Cavity Searches, since the hook and beat were the best part to me.

DJ Squid: Well, you look like a real asshole right now. This has been yet another exciting edition of THE INBOXX, brought to you by REAL YETI RAP™ – Wendi-going gets tough, get Real Yeti Rap!™ Rap name Benadryl Italics. All day.

2 comments:

  1. THINK YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO SURVIVE THE INBOXXX? email your song/album/whatever to YoHumpJones@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day it will all make sense

    ReplyDelete

NOBODY CARES